Plastic Machine Operator
Rockford, IL 61109 US
Join our client in Rockford, IL, a premier leader in plastic container manufacturing!
Unlock fantastic perks, including comprehensive benefits, potential bonuses, and the opportunity for probationary direct hire.
Position: Plastic Production Machine Operator
Shifts Available: 3rd Shifts
- 3rd Shift: 10:30 PM - 7:00 AM
Location: Rockford, IL
Elevate your career by operating production machinery safely and efficiently. Maintain meticulous documentation, communicate insights and challenges to the relevant team, perform scheduled preventative maintenance, and contribute to production equipment changeovers. Assume responsibility for delivering top-tier product quality.
Essential Job Duties:
- Analyze and address deviations from expected Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Participate in specialized machine and task training
- Collect quality measurements data and rectify deviations to meet product specifications.
- Actively engage with deviations within SPC charting.
- Effectively communicate issues, progress reports, and innovative ideas to management, maintenance, and production personnel.
- Conduct maintenance tasks in response to machine malfunctions as directed by the Maintenance Manager. Skillfully troubleshoot machine and process issues.
- Embark on personal development through SMART goals, proactive meetings with managers, active participation in plant improvement teams, seeking additional training, and exploring educational opportunities.
- Foster excellent housekeeping practices to consistently exceed management and customer expectations in plant appearance.
- Execute daily, weekly, and periodic cleaning tasks as outlined in the Master Cleaning Schedule.
- Maintain accurate production reporting documentation.
- Participate wholeheartedly in plant teams and activities spanning safety, quality, sustainability, community engagement, OEE, maintenance, employee wellness, brainstorming, and continuous improvement to foster a World Class environment.
- Operate Powered Industrial Trucks, Boom Lifts, and Scissor Lifts adhering to OSHA regulations and guidelines.
Quality Assurance Duties:
- Dedicate yourself to producing and/or packing the highest quality product at all times, surpassing company and customer expectations.
- Ensure impeccable labeling and/or tagging of all production.
- Rigorously complete and record quality checks as per schedule using Quality Monitor software or designated forms.
- Enforce proper hold protocol for non-conforming products.
- Thoroughly acquire and record raw material lot numbers as needed.
- Adhere steadfastly to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Undertake line sanitization tasks as per the Master Sanitization Schedule and company protocols.
- Promptly report quality, food safety, GMP, and food defense matters to your supervisor or management.
Preventative Maintenance Duties:
- Execute scheduled production equipment changeovers according to the plant production schedule.
- Minimize OEE impact during changeovers.
- Implement scheduled Preventative Maintenance tasks as outlined in the plant PM program. Manage these tasks in Computerized Maintenance Management Software and generate work orders as directed.
- Take a proactive stance towards addressing machine inefficiencies during preventative maintenance.
- Ensure immaculate post-maintenance condition and cleanliness of production equipment.
- Continuously assess equipment for improvement opportunities. Tag components or parts in need of repair, replacement, or enhancement.
- Validate safe and efficient operation of production equipment post-changeover.
- Document parts removed from inventory accurately on designated forms and Computerized Maintenance Management Software to maintain a sufficient parts inventory.
- Promptly notify the Maintenance Manager when parts inventory reaches low levels or reorder points.
Required Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Capable of ascending stairs and ladders.
- Able to stand for the duration of the shift.
- Proficient in lifting at least 50 lbs.
- Comfortable working in high-heat environments.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour