Union, IL 60180
Pre-Press Graphic Arts Technician
Starts at $10/hr - eligible for up to $1 merit within 1st year.
1. Examine and process customer-supplied art, and related documents, to meet Bagmakers specifications for print production.
2. Revise existing art files, including but not limited to: client edits, re-draw, re-create, typeset, convert raster art to vector art, scanning.
3. Approve art and job files for accuracy, ensure all jobs meet quality standards and are error-free.
4. Prepare art proof approvals and email or fax to customers.
5. Assist team co-workers as needed or requested.
One year of full-time, paid experience in a PRINT production pre-press, design or art department in an established business. High school diploma or equivalent.
Substitution for work experience: Completion of at least two years of college-level courses concentrated in PRINT production graphic arts, design and layout, desktop publishing or closely related coursework from an accredited college or university may be substituted for work experience.
Required software expertise:
Photoshop, Mac OS 10 or higher, Adobe CS5-CC Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Windows XP or 7, Microsoft Office, Corel Draw, VMware