Loves Park, IL 61111 US
Cardinal Staffing is invested in their team members! Pay rates starting at $16/hr.
Responsibilities of the CNC Operator:
- Monitor production to ensure all documentation is complete.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, or drawings to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces.
- Programs and decide machining process, feeds and speeds, and select tooling from blueprint or sketch as required.
- Measures, marks and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machine.
- Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachment accessories and material on the machine such as grinders and lathes.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, as well as the depth and angle of the cut.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to the specifications by using precision measuring instruments.
- Inspects first run pieces and in process pieces for conformance to specifications, using micrometers and precision dial gages.
- Complies with company policies and procedures with special attention to safety regulations.
Required Qualifications of the CNC Operator:
- Between 2-4 years of trade school, vocational education, work experience, or apprenticeship.
- Familiarity with machine shop practices and equipment is required.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude is essential.
- Experience reading and interpreting production specifications a plus.
About Cardinal Staffing Services:Cardinal Staffing Services, Inc. has over 25 years of experience being recognized as leaders in the staffing industry. Founded in Port Clinton, Ohio in 1994, we have grown and expanded into 5 states with 11 offices, delivering custom staffing and recruiting solutions to diverse markets. We leverage technologies, tools, and human connections to create the perfect environments to link employers and employees.