CNC Operator (Mills)
Fremont, OH 43420 US
2nd shift 3:00pm-11:30pm Monday-Friday
(Train on days 7:30am-4:00pm)
- Use blueprints, sketches, manuals, work orders and written specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Sets up, adjusts and operates convention CNC lathe machine centers to fabricate metallic and non-metallic parts, applying knowledge of machine theory, shop mathematics and machine layout techniques.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as cutting speed, feed rates, coolant flows, depth of angle or cuts, and enters commands to computerized machine controls as required.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment using micrometers, gauges and tools.
- Turn in first set-up pieces to Quality Dept. for adherence to specifications and for final approval to run parts. Run machine for minimum of 15 minutes, checking to make sure parts continue to remain within specified dimensions.
- Instruct operators in details necessary to successfully produce parts within specifications.
- Install replacement parts & tools as needed.
- Other operations & duties as required to successfully setup CNC machines to produce quality parts.
- operation experience preferred.